Six panels on the Neilsbrook Loyalist arch: Randalstown Sons Of Ulster flute band, Siege Of Derry, Drumcree “United we stand”, 36th (Ulster) Division, William Of Orange, Sir Edward Carson. For more images from the estate see Loyalist Randalstown.
“This plaque was presented by the officers and members of Randalstown Sons Of Ulster flute band on Saturday 17th April 1999 in memory of all the Loyalist people of Ulster who have suffered at the hands of the enemies of our land.”
Blackthorn Way (at Brackenburn), Neilsbrook Park, Neilsbrook Road, Randalstown
Four paintings of the Siege Of Derry (possibly by Bobby Jackson?) in the ABOD Memorial Hall/Siege Museum in Society Street, Londonderry. The paintings previously hung outdoors in the Fountain – see The Williamite Campaign.
The RUC’s John Olphert was killed by “terrorists” (presumed to be the IRA) at his shop in Nelson Drive in 1983. “Erected by the Murray Club of the Apprentice Boys Of Derry”
A mural depicting William’s conquest of Ireland, including the Crossing Of The Boyne (on the left) and the Siege Of Derry (on the right), was originally painted by Bobby Jackson (Senior) in the 1940s. In 1993, the wall on which the mural was painted was decaying and threatened by redevelopment (and having already been moved once, in the 1970s) and so it was destroyed and replaced, with a plaque in its side reading “The Bobby Jackson Memorial”. A new, very similar, mural was painted (?by Jackson Sr and/or Jackson Jr?) on boards in 1995 and is placed on the wall during the marching season. The Fountain, Londonderry.
Scenes from the Siege Of Derry and Battle Of The Boyne in the Fountain, Londonderry: Captain Browning of the Mountjoy being shot as goods were unloaded from his ship, the beseiged lamenting over a dead comrade, The battle of the Boyne, battle scene, Willian King Memorial Flute Band, Siege of Derry. The area was photographed previously in 2002, 2006, and 2007.
From left to right: the apprentice boys closed the gates; the breaking of the boom; the Guild Hall; Walker’s statue; and Roaring Meg, a cannon in the Double Bastion. Outside the Cathedral Youth Club in the Fountain.
An information plaque is added to the “Breaking the boom” mural by Attitude Artwork in Roulston Avenue, Londonderry. This mural shows the Mountjoy in full sail. She was one of the ships which broke the timber boom across the Foyle to relieve the siege in 1689. This is one of a number of murals commemorating the 1689 siege in the Waterside and Fountain areas of the city. The mural was painted by local community artists Dee Logan, Mark Logan and Marty Edwards.” Seen previously in 2003.
This series of five panels is outside the Cathedral Youth Club in The Fountain, Londonderry. In order, they show: a cry of “No Surrender” by the Apprentice Boys, Breaking The Boom, Walker’s Monument (to George Walker, governor during the siege and killed at the Boyne; the statue was blown up on 19730, Roaring Meg (the 1642 cannon), and the Cathedral (St Columb’s).